- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Current unrestricted license from the Arkansas State Board of Nursing to practice as a licensed practical nurse (LPN) in the State of Arkansas
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Healthcare Professionals Certification
- Summary: Works under the direct supervision of licensed medical provider(s), responsible for providing direct and/or indirect care to all patients visiting the clinic according to policy guidelines. Assists in
assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating care for the patients as appropriate. Documents condition, treatments, and care given.
- Must be available to overtime and at least one evening clinic until 7 PM per week and one Saturday clinic from 9 AM through 1 PM per month
- Attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Ability to obtain vitals
- Monitors patient health visually and by physical exam
- Maintains patient records and completes clinical assistant documentation in the electronic medical record to include vital signs, review of systems and patient history
- Enters all concurrent medicines and allergies in the electronic medical record, as applicable
- Communicates the status of patients with medical providers and other nurses
Monitors referrals, labs, imaging, and reports as needed to ensure processes are followed and information in the electronic medical record is
accurate and complete
- Administers oral, subcutaneous, or intramuscular medication as prescribed by a medical provider
- Assesses patient reactions to medication and treatment
- Maintains and/or coordinates medications, samples, and medical inventory and documents accordingly
- Acts as a resource within the clinic to other staff members and patients
- Participates as a team member and promotes teamwork by assisting others with department activities
- Fulfills administrative/clerical duties as necessary
- Serves as liaison between patient and medical provider for medication questions and refills
- Represents the clinic in person, over the telephone and in the community in a professional manner
- Assists in maintaining an efficient, safe, secure, orderly, and aseptic environment of care for all patients and employees
- Is familiar with and abides by OSHA Standards, Hazardous Materials, Universal Precautions, use of personal protective equipment, Evacuation, Fire, Disaster, and Safety Plans
- This is a safety-sensitive position.
Required Knowledge and Ability
- Knowledge of HIPPA
- Knowledge of basic principles of health promotion, prevention, and motivation
- Knowledge of medical office protocols and ability to quickly gain specific knowledge of current operational protocols
- Knowledge of medical terminology and appropriate abbreviations
- Knowledge of the Arkansas Nursing Practice Act
- Ability to use PC to input data and navigate EMRs
- Ability to multitask and remain compassionate
- Ability to read and comprehend medical instructions, short correspondence, letters, and memos
- Ability to work cooperatively with other medical offices, ERs, and specialists to coordinate services for patients
- Ability or willingness to learn to use office equipment including but not limited to computers, fax machines, telephones, copiers, EKG, spirometry, audiometry, electrosurgical units, cryosurgery equipment, and autoclave
- Ability to prioritize and allocate resources
Normal Family Clinic environment. Frequent computer use and close eye work. Hearing of normal and soft tones. Distinguish smells. Distinguish temperatures by touch and proximity. Frequent exposure to fumes, odors and water. Exposure
to biological hazards. Finger dexterity, talking, repetitive motion, lifting up to 100 lbs., carrying up to 40 lbs., pushing/pulling up to 350 lbs. Frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, reaching and occasional stress related to
patient load. Occasional to rare sitting. Communication skills: Interpersonal, phone, writing procedures and documentation.
- Paragould Family Care, PA consists of a team of highly respected, motivated, and skilled individuals.
- We offer opportunities to advance.
- Employer-sponsored dental insurances (50% of premiums paid by employer)
- Vacation + paid holidays (increases with seniority)
- 401K with 3% match
- Employer-sponsored social events
Job Type: Full-time
Available Position(s): 1
Salary: Based on experience (range $14.00 to $16.00 per hour)
If you are interested, please send your questions or resume through Indeed. We prefer electronic communications.